Green Finance Strategies for Post-COVID-19 Economic Recovery in Southeast Asia: Greening Recoveries for Planet and People
This publication examines innovative finance mechanisms for government recovery strategies that can incentivize green infrastructure investment in developing Asia and support the fight against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
- US$23.00 (paperback)
COVID-19 has seen governments across developing Asia move significant amounts of capital into relief efforts that have saved countless lives and livelihoods. But emerging economic recovery packages must not upset the sensitive balance between economic growth and the region’s natural capital. Many global thinkers are advocating the critical role of green infrastructure in supporting economic growth and livelihoods, while safeguarding the Paris Agreement targets. Innovative finance mechanisms can play a key role in catalyzing much-needed funds from private capital for a green and sustainable regional recovery.
- The COVID-19 Impact: Context and Synopsis
- A Green Recovery: Criticality and Challenges
- Green Recovery Packages and Finance Mechanisms: Examples
- Green Finance Concepts to Stimulate Post-COVID-19 Recovery
- Seeking Support from ADB and the ASEAN Catalytic Green Finance Facility